Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lazy Pasta-Eating Bastards

So, i thought it was going to be so cool having a day to spend in Milan on my way to London and I was horribly wrong. The first thing that happened to me when I arrived at 7:55am local time (I got up at 3am) was that an Italian ATM machine confiscated my card saying there was a problem. I lost access to my fortune. I had about 70 lira on me, which came to about 25 euro - which is like 50 cents in the EU. I used half of it to take the express train downtown and wandered around for 3 hours trying to find something for breakfast or at least a bottle of water. No convenience stores and NOTHING was open. I thought maybe it was just a late-rising city, but it must be some sort of holiday since this was the scene by 12:30 in the afternoon:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home